Today did not start off great here in our house. Cam woke up at 5:30am with a phrase we haven't heard much lately, "Daddy, the sun's up." There was no getting him back to sleep as much as we tried but we some how convinced him he had to stay in his room until 6am. Then Steve got up with both him and Arianna. I am grateful each and every weekend that my husband is a morning person and I get to sleep in.
We had planned on taking the kids to the 4th of July festivities in Halifax, after Cam had a nap. Well, he just wouldn't take a nap. We knew we were doomed. As we were driving Cam asked me "Mommy who's birthday is it?"
I said, "Cam it isn't anyone's birthday" (I know...the history buff that I am.)
He said, "Yes it is, Is it my birthday?"
"No Cam, it isn't"
"Is it Daddy's birthday?"
"No Cam"
"Is it Elijah's birthday?"
"No Cam, it isn't anyone's birthday." Finally at this point Steve chimes in. "I told him it was America's Birthday."
Me: "Great then you can take over."
We went around 11:30ish and he seemed to be ok at first. We walked around for a little bit. We were hoping Cam would get to take a Pony ride but the line was ridiculous. There was a bouncy house and of course that's all Cam wanted to do. But he didn't want to wait in line. That was meltdown number one. So we left there and went over to an area where they had some side walk chalk out. He was less than thrilled with that.
We tried the bouncy house again. Meltdown # 2. Steve is ready to have a meltdown himself at this point! I thought maybe Cam was getting hungry so Steve went and got some pizza. Nope, Cam didn't even touch his. As we were sitting there a woman came over to us and asked if Arianna was going to be in the Cutest Baby Contest? Huh? "Ummm, I didn't know there was one but I don't think so."
After naps we were all refreshed then we enjoyed a small BBQ with Nana and Papa. Since Cam is not a fan of the fireworks we shut all the windows and turned on the a/c so everyone would sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment