Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cam's First Movie!


Today was "Mommy and Cam Day." We really don't get to spend that much time together, just the two of us. Steve runs errands with him on Saturday mornings and since Cam is such a Daddy's boy they just spend more time one on one.

When Jade suggested we go to the movies I was a bit nervous. I was unsure how Cam would be since he's never watched a movie here at the house never mind a theater with other people! But I thought it would be fun and something different to do on yet another rainy day. I'm running out of ideas of what to do!

I told Cam that we were going to watch a show on the biggest tv he's ever seen and also that he'd get pizza for lunch and a treat. The treat got him...well until he realized that Arianna was going to be spending the day at Nana and Papa's. He was NOT happy. He kept telling me he wanted to go. He is not a fan of sharing his Nana and Papa with his sister. When I dropped Arianna off I kept Cam in the car and he cried but he got over it a lot faster than I thought. We were running a little bit late (I know, big surprise) but I had to stop and get gas. As I was leaving the gas station I hit the curb, twice. Cam asked what happened and I told him. He says to me, "Mommy you need to be careful." Yep buddy, I do!

When we got to the mall Jade had already got some pizza (thanks again Jade!) and we ate a little bit. At the mall they had some kids day going on so there was music and crafts. Cam had fun dancing to the music in the middle of the food court. So unlike him! I was surprised!

He did well in the movie, he was antsy at first he kept saying he wanted to go but it was nothing a few Twizzlers couldn't fix! They both did very well, I was so proud of them! (he couldn't figure out the seat, he wasn't heavy enough to keep it flat!)



The movie was good, there were some parts that were probably scary for the kids (crazy dogs and a mean old man) but I don't think they paid too much attention. Overall it was a very successful day and I'm so glad I got to spend time with Cameron. He's growing up so fast I don't want to miss a minute of it.

Oh, we saw:

2 comments:

dianna said...

That looks like an awesome day!

Mrs. Morgan said...

I still laugh about Cam wanting to sneak down the aisle towards the big screen and Eliza following him. The two of them running down together was a riot. Thanks for coming!