Well, I was more surprised today during the ultrasound. It was my favorite tech, she remembered me from the 18w u/s. Her daughter also works at the office and she said she told her daughter "that's how you're going to look when you're pregnant, cute and all belly!" That made me feel good since I feel like a house.
So...she puts the probe on my belly and says "She's breech." Umm, WHAT?????????? Yep, what I thought was her butt lodged against my ribs is actually her head. What I thought was her head bouncing off my cervix is actually her foot. I was shocked, though I shouldn't be surprised with anything since this pregnancy has been nothing but surprises. Her heart rate was great, 142bpm, fluid excellent, approximate weight is 6lbs 13oz.
After waiting AN HOUR for the nurse practitioner to come in she told me what I already know. A c-section will be scheduled. I signed the release form and I'm now waiting for a call back as to when this child will be born.
I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!
Here's the little princess:
6 comments:
Oh gosh! It will be ok - she'll be here before you know it and now at least you'll know when. What a tough long haul this has been. Maybe it's a sign that she'll be an easy baby! Hugs to you! Let me know what I can do. You'll need some extra help after wards and I'm here - ready and able!
Everything will be fine. That's the exact position Ava was in. Please let me know what I can do. Hugs!!!
It is all good, Sue. Your newest addition to the family will be here before you know it and this pregancy will (hopefully) become a distant memory.
Good luck and {{{hugs}}}
It is all good, Sue. Your newest addition to the family will be here before you know it and this pregancy will (hopefully) become a distant memory.
Good luck and {{{hugs}}}
Wow, Sue! I was wrong too when I felt your belly the other night! It totally felt like her butt from the outside! Let me know if you need anything! Big hug!
Never a dull moment! Everything is going to go perfect and you will have this beautiful bundle in the end! I am here to help with anything you might need before and after. Sending you a big hug!!
Post a Comment