since Cam last had his *B* aka binky! Can you believe it? We are so proud of him! Well, he didn't give it up willingly. We decided that it was time to get rid of it before we embarked on the next challenge...potty training. It was getting out of control again, he wanted it all the time and it was annoying me. Since Steve was on vacation last week we thought it was best we do it then.
I cut the bulb part off so he couldn't suck on it. We told him that it was broken. My only regret is that we didn't give it to him before bed time. He didn't discover that they were broken until he was going to bed...not the best thing. Looking back it wasn't as bad as it could have been but during that time I felt horrible. We were both crying and I felt like the worlds worst Mom. "Is it so bad that he has it?" "There are worst things he could be doing." "It's what soothes him, he doesn't have anything else." All those thoughts were running through my head. Since my mother reads this I will spare her what Cam was saying...but it was heart wrenching. But I knew that we couldn't turn back. We had come to far and already caused him too much grief to turn back. Steve and I both laid with him and rubbed his back and his head and his leg, what ever he asked for! He settled down and sang himself to sleep.
I did not sleep one minute that night. I kept waiting for him to wake up hysterically crying for the *b* but he didn't. In the morning he told us that his b's were broken and we said that they were. We were glad that he "got" it. We gave him a toy for making it through the night without them and he was happy.
He has had some rough moments and he refused his naps until yesterday but he is doing great. It's hard because he doesn't know how to self soothe. I think singing to himself has helped a little bit but not a lot.
We're very proud of him our little boy is growing up! It's hard to believe that just 7 months ago when Arianna came into our life Cameron could barely put 3 words together and here he is singing! He is able to tell us how he feels, he tells us that he loves us, that we're his best friends, it makes my heart burst with pride and love!
1 comment:
IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS A PARENT HAS TO DO. IT BREAKS MY HEART ! NANA
Post a Comment