Today I took Arianna to the doctor's for her horrible diaper rash. Well, we left with not only the diaper rash but also an ear infection and RSV. Just when we think things are finally turning around with her this happens.
She started getting a stuffy nose and a little bit of a fever on Monday. Which is kind of ironic considering I didn't take her to the playdate because all of the kids were sick. I figured she had just caught Cam's cold. Her fever has been lingering for the past 3 days along with her runny nose. She hasn't been coughing or wheezing. I didn't take her to the doctors because I figured they'd tell me it was a cold and it would run its course.
She, for some reason, gets chronic diaper rashes. This one is a nasty yeast infection. We tried using Lotrimin cream and it wasn't helping much so I took her in. The NP took one look at her and said "yep its yeast." "So how long has she had the fever?" I told her a few days. "I'm just going to take a listen to her chest and look in her ears." Ok...I really wanted to talk about the rash and why she keeps getting them! Well, of course her left ear is infected. I pray we do not go down the same path we did with Cam. He didn't get his first ear infection until he was well over 1 1/2. She's only 4 1/2 months! The NP checked her lungs, clear. But she wanted to do a swab for RSV "just in case." She did the swab, sent it to the lab and came back 10 min. later. "It's positive." I couldn't believe it! Since her lungs are clear we're going to keep an eye on her. I will take her in on Friday morning for another check. The virus lasts about a week so hopefully we'll get through it without any problems.
Overall she's in a fairly good mood. Her little bum is on fire and she can hardly breathe but she hasn't been fussing too much. The poor thing. As for now she has a prescription for Amoxicillin for her ear and Nystatin for her rash. We'll see what Friday brings!
1 comment:
Oh man. You can't catch a break. Hoping everyone is on the mend soon. Hugs!
Post a Comment