Monday, January 12, 2009

All Mom's have those days


That test your patience as a Mom. Well, last Friday was one of those days for me. It just seemed like it was one thing after another: Cam not listening, Cam causing a huge scene, Cam hurting Arianna...it goes on and on. I was in tears when Steve came home and the day ended with me in bed at 9:30. I just needed the day to be over.


I vowed to myself that I wasn't going to let today be a repeat. So I took both kids outside. I don't know if you all know how much I HATE the cold and the snow. So this was a huge deal for me. Cam had fun and it actually wasn't that cold out, though he only lasted 45 minutes... After that he ate lunch (kinda) and napped (if you call 90 minutes a nap). It's now 5:15pm and he's only been in time out 3 times today! I guess we're making some progress.

If anyone has the magic answer as to how to get your child to listen I'd love to hear it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I THINK AROUND 21 THEY BEGIN TO LISTEN, MAYBE!!!HANG IN THERE THE REWARDS OUTWEIGH THE PROBLEMS, YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB, LOVE YOU MOM

kerilee77 said...

I would LOVE to know how to get Landon to listen to me too. The 2 1/2 year old attitude is wearing on my nerves big time! I feel so bad on those days where it seems like he's just in and out of time-out all day...

Tanya said...

Kids actually listen? Tom is ready to send Lucy off to China. She doesn't listen and leaves - she wandered out of the movies the other day while we were packing up to go. She has no fear and it scares the shit out of me. It must be this age.