We had a horrible night last night with Arianna. She would.not.go to sleep. It was horrible. She would start to fall asleep then scream out. I called this morning for an appointment to see Dr. D. I didn't know if the medicine wasn't working enough or if it was something else.
Well, she only gained 4oz since last Thursday. She weighed 6lbs 13oz today so she is a little passed her birth weight (6-11). Dr. D said that she may not be getting enough at each feeding or the Zantac dose isn't high enough. I felt horrible when he said she may not be getting enough to eat. HORRIBLE. He said based on her weight she could take 3.5-4oz every 4hrs but when you throw her age into that it brings it down to about 3oz. He also increased her dose of Zantac to see if that helps. If neither helps he gave me some soy formula to try. He said she could be sensitive (not allergic) to the milk proteins. I'm hoping its just that she needs more to eat. Fingers crossed for a good night tonight!
I also had to go to the doctors today. I haven't been feeling great and I thought I had mastitis. My mother had just left and I decided to call the nurse and see if I could get an appt. for tomorrow morning. Well, as soon as I said "mastitis" I was put on hold to talk to a nurse. They were both busy so the receptionist said she'd have one call. Less than 5min later she called back. She asked me to come in ASAP. I called my mom but she wasn't home. I figured if they wanted me in right now it was probably a good idea to just wake Cam up from his nap and take them with me. He did ok considering, Arianna slept the whole time. Cam screamed when the nurse called me in. He thought he was seeing the doctor! Luckily we were in and out within 30min. I am now on antibiotics for the next 10 days!
I really need to find a babysitter for stuff like this!
11 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment