Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What a day!

Cam did not go to daycare today since my Mom doesn't work on Wednesday. I brought him to her house around 9:30am. The plan was I would come home and do nothing for a few hours and pick him up at 12 so he could nap before his doctor's appointment at 4:20.

Well, when I got home I decided that the front door needed another coat of paint. I didn't think it would take very long. As I was getting the paint ready I thought it would be easier to paint if I took the lock off. I unscrewed the deadbolt and removed the back piece. I paid very close attention to how it went together... well, when I did a "test run" of putting it back on I couldn't do it. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how the pieces fit together. The screws wouldn't go back the way they came out. Of course I'm freaking out now because the lock is in pieces, I'm supposed to be on bed rest and most importantly Steve is going to KILL me. I put a coat of paint on the door thinking I needed to relax and take a moment to breathe. It took me a few times but I figured it out! I had visions of me having to tell Steve what happened (he still doesn't know....shhhhhh) and then paying way too much money to have a locksmith fix it.

That took up most of my morning so I had to go and get Cam. I was a million miles away when I was walking out the door. I got into the car and realized I didn't have my keys. Yep, I locked myself out. I didn't freak because I knew a window was open and I could take the screen off and climb through. So....I climbed my 6 1/2 month pregnant self through the window. I called Steve and told him how dumb I was for locking myself out. Know what he said? "You should have called a locksmith." IF he only knew!

Cam's appointment atleast went well! He is 27 lbs and 35 in tall. He gained a pound and grew 2 in since his 18mth appointment. Dr. Doug told us we should get him out of the crib before the new baby comes so Cam doesn't feel like he's being displaced by the new baby. I asked about Cam's speech. He said at 2 they're just starting to form sentences (of course we know that there are a few of you who are way ahead of the game!) and he should "know" 50 words. He doesn't have to say 50 words but he should most definitely understand them, which he does. If I wasn't on bed rest he would have him evaluated for Early Intervention again but he said we can wait 3 months and see how he's doing. That was a relief! Cam had a finger stick for lead and a hematocrit. He took it like a champ!

Cam's home with me again tomorrow. It should be interesting...

3 comments:

Mrs. Morgan said...

What a day is right! Holy cow Sue. I guess that's a sign you should have come right home and relaxed! ;)

I'm glad that you were able to figure the lock out, and also that you were able to get back into the house! That would not have been fun.

Take it easy tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hi daughter, well you had a great day climbing through a window??? not what you should be doing and her I was thnking you were resting?? So glad Cam is doing so well or course we think he is just perfect , hope your day goes well wish I could help. Love you Mom

Tanya said...

Whoa! Painted and climbed through a window. You're a nut! Rest!

Let me know if you need any help with Cam today (Thurs). I am around running errands and can come by if you need a break.